- June events in our CVUU newsletter! -
June has plenty of events you won’t want to miss.
Print a copy of our newsletter and keep up with all the events planned for our congregation as we transition to our new location.newsletter June final
- Busy, Busy, Busy! - New hand railings are being created and installed in the sanctuary and elsewhere. Final details are being completed on the vestibule. Carpeting and base molding are being finished in a few locations. The counter has been installed in the audio-visual booth. Internet access and WiFi ... read more.
- Welcome to our Summer Series 2018 -
We have finalized the services for our Summer Series!
Each summer, from mid-June to the beginning of September, we here at CVUU switch gears to a more relaxed worship and fellowship. Join us as we gather together for lay-led services; we re-connect with the inspired voice within ... read more.
- June 15 Minister Moment -
I hope you can make it to the Service this Sunday. It is my last time in the pulpit with you. I don’t have a set topic for the sermon … the title is “Kindly Question” and during the service the ushers will be collecting ... read more.
- We are so close! - The sanctuary is now carpeted. The main entrance path and ramp are now usable. The stage lighting is installed. All of the flooring is down. On Monday a problem was discovered while preparing to connect the building’s “grease trap / interceptor” to our new sewer line, our ... read more.
- June 8 Minister Moment -
This is a Jain Sutra, called “Jam Jam Manen Baddham” (from jainbelief.com)
“Whatever wrong I have done by thought,
Whatever wrong I have done by word,
Whatever wrong I have done by deed,
I ask for forgiveness.”
Thanks to all who contributed to last week’s service on Kindness. I quoted ... read more.
- June 1 Minister Moment -
Ramadan Mubarak. Happy June. Happy time to get to work.
This past Wednesday evening I attended a Ramadan Iftar Dinner, sponsored by the Muslim Communities of Hampton Roads in collaboration with the Center for the Study of Religious Freedom at VWU and Virginia Center for ... read more.
- A paved parking lot and sewer hookup! - Work is progressing on a wide variety of tasks, but the most dramatic are the paving work on our parking lot and the work to connect our building to the municipal sanitary system. Three lanes of South Military Highway have required closure during the hours ... read more.
- May 25 Minister Moment -
“When the poor ones, who have nothing, still are giving;
when the thirsty pass the cup, water to share;
when the wounded offer others strength and healing:
we see God, here by our side, walking our way;” – Seltz translation of “Cuando el Pobre”
This weekend is Memorial Day ... read more.
- May 20 Minister Moment -
This Sunday is Christian Pentecost, the 50th day after Passover, and, in the book of Acts, the day the apostles were filled with the holy spirit and able to speak to every nation, in fulfillment of Joel’s prophesy. Interestingly, they tend to leave out this ... read more.