- So much happening in May – Check out the newsletter! -
May has plenty of events you won’t want to miss.... read more.
Print a copy of our newsletter and keep up with all the events planned for our congregation as we transition to our new locationCVUU newsletter May!
- Potluck Celebration at UCN -
Also, help us honor our shared history and our memories as we say an official goodbye to 739 Yarmouth Street, to our beloved ... read more.
- Purchase items for our “Baby”! -
The Facility Design Team would like to thank all of you who participated in the Shower for the New Building” last Sunday. It was a great success and we were able to secure many of the items that we need. If you missed church Sunday or just ... read more.
- Molding, doors, toilets & more! -
There are many new developments as the time draws near to moving day, (or days)! The best guess for our first service in the new building is late June, according to our Facility Oversight Team. Stay tuned!
Some of the plaster walls and ceilings on the ... read more.
- April 20 Minister Moment -
April is such a busy month! Tonight (Friday April 20) is our third time running Death Cafe … an intentionally maudlin-sounding name for a specific, guided reflection on our own mortality. The program was developed to help people “make the most of their (finite) lives” ... read more.
- April 13 Minister Moment -
Bring a flower this Sunday, any flower you want to share. Our yearly Flower Communion is a service dedicated to thinking about diversity and community. We each bring a flower (or select one from our outdoor “pick a flower” vase.) Then all our diverse flowers ... read more.
- Up in the cloud! - We are inching closer to a fully-rennovated CVUU! The installation of Bamboo plywood on the ceiling “cloud” above the stage area has been completed. This suspended ceiling above the stage area will help reflect sounds from the stage area to the audience. Our architect calls this ... read more.
- April 6 Minister Moment -
April is certainly beginning with a lot of energy. Flowers are blooming and it’s warm enough for yard work, trips, team sports and baseball, and it’s exhausting. Come this Sunday to our worship service … “For the Beauty of the Earth” a meditation on the wonderful ... read more.
- Work crews at 809 are busy, busy! - The installation of ceramic tile has been completed in the main women’s restroom. Tile-work begins this week in the main men’s restroom. Workers are busy finishing the corners and joints of the sanctuary sheet-rock surfaces. Bamboo plywood is being applied on the “cloud” structure above ... read more.
- Sea Creature Stories -
The next Fabulous First Friday is this Friday, April 6. We will have spaghetti dinner in the social hall at 6 p.m. And at 7 p.m., join us for a family friendly forum with Mark Swingle, Director of Research & Conservation at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center.
... read more.